1959/60 Historic PAF Humbucker Set - Holy Grail v2.0
List: $329 Direct Price: $269
buy the 1959 Alnico V Holy Grail v.2.0 PAF SET Now!
Holy-grail humbucker v2.0! By late 1959 and into 1960 the switch over to AlNiCo V magnets had begun to be consistent, this gave the pickup a somewhat bigger and more aggressive sound which once again has been wholeheartedly accepted by rock guitarists the world over. With covers on, this is pure 1960 bliss. Uncovered, these pickups become a bit louder and brighter.
If you are on a tone quest to acquire the magical tone of the 1959/’60 “burst”, these are THE pickups you want. This is the predominant tone of pivotal players like Jimmy Page, Gary Moore, Pete Townshend and Alex Lifeson.
“Best of” vintage specs include:
• Vintage correct bobbins available in multiple color options.
• Vintage red Enamel 42ga copper magnet wire, wound to position calibrated 59/60 specs.
• Vintage correct 2.5’’ x 0.5’’ x 0.13’’ sand cast AlNiCo V bar magnets.
• Vintage correct 1.5" x 2.75" covers, available in bare nickel, polished nickel-silver (chrome), or without covers
• Vintage pickup height tension conical springs
• Vintage Nickel Pickup height adjustment screws
• Vintage Braided Shielded Push-Back Cloth wireleads
• Available with or without Historic aging treatment.
• Light historic wax potting, for true-1957 tone without microphonics
Average Resistance & Induction at 70-degrees F:
• Bridge: 8.8 K/6.2 Henrys
• Neck: 7.9 K/5.1 Henrys
(IMPORTANT: Specs change with temperature and many other conditions/variables, especially RESISTANCE.
NEVER use resistance as a firm indicator of a pickups output, tone, or anything else!)
Please note: The pickup cavities in many modern guitars are not routed deep enough to fit the historically correct long mounting legs, and so I have switched to only using "short" mounting legs that will work in all guitars. If you would prefer the "long legs", and are sure they will fit in your guitar, please include this request in the comments section when you place your order!