The Pickups You Have ALWAYS wished your Paul Reed Smith Guitar (PRS) Had!
Over the years, I have probably replaced the pickups in more Paul Reed Smith (and PRS) guitars than any other "good" brand. These guitars ROCK! Paul knows his wood like no one else on the planet, the problem has always been in the pickups.
Does your Paul Reed Smith guitar suffer from any of the following?
Sterile, lifeless, clinical tone.
A terribly thin tone when split into single-coil.
Overly bassy/covered tone that just has no bite/cut ... or ...
Inversely, a thin, wimpy tone that has no lower-midrange growl and girth.
My tone-friends, this humbucker set is your answer, specifically designed to make sure NONE of the above happens!
buy the ultimate PRS HumbuckeR SET Now!
My PERSONAL Holy-grail humbucker set! Tweaked specifically for Paul Reed Smith / PRS guitars and employing AlNiCo V magnets, this set remains true to the vintage PAF tone, but has just a touch more hair and splits into single coil in a most extraordinary manner! Proprietary unbalanced coil winds lead to true PAF Nirvana … and exceptional single-coil abilities as well. Available uncovered or covered, the set is wound and calibrated specifically to excel in the bridge & neck positions respectively. 4-wire with separate ground for unlimited possibilities: Humbucker, Single Coil, parallel coils, series coils, it's all there ... and all sounds impeccable.
This is the set for you if you need both great PAF humbucker tone and remarkable single-coil tone.
(BTW: "Reverse Zebra" has a cream screw-side and black slug-side :-)
Custom specs include:
• Precise calibration for optimum performance in bridge and Neck positions
• Vintage single-build 42ga copper magnet wire, wound to slightly above 1960 specs.
• Vintage correct 2.5’’ x 0.5’’ x 0.13’’ sand cast AlNiCo V bar magnets.
• Vintage pickup height tension conical springs
• Vintage Nickel Pickup height adjustment screws
• Available without covers or with sonically superior Nickel-Silver covers.
• Light historic wax potting, for true PAF tone without microphonics.
• 4-wire with separate ground for unlimited possibilities, Humbucker, Single Coil, parallel coils, series coils, it's all there.
This set also comes with superior .022uf saturated tone capacitors, these are far superior to stock PRS tone caps, no extra charge!
Average Resistance & Inductance at 70-degrees F:
• Bridge: 8.8 K/6.2 Henrys
• Neck: 8.0 K/5.2 Henrys
(IMPORTANT: Specs change with temperature and many other conditions/variables, especially RESISTANCE.
NEVER use resistance as a firm indicator of a pickups output, tone, or anything else!)
Note: Please allow up to 48-hours for custom pickup production.